What We Believe
God is bigger, better, closer and greater than we could ever imagine.
The Bible is the only book which introduces us to the Creator and is our User’s guide for life in His creation.
We are the living, self-portrait in God's art gallery made to know God and show God to others.
But our human tendency is to refuse to accept God as great, listen to God’s book as true, and cut ourselves off from God, the Giver of life. We do not know God and cannot show God.
Jesus is God and He came to rescue us. He alone knew God, showed God and told us about God. He died to bring us back to God. God brought Him back to life forever.
Through His Holy Spirit, God lives in and through us now. The Spirit makes us see our need for Jesus and how our needs are met in Him. Listening to God, believing in Jesus, we are once again able to know God and ‘show and tell’ Him to others.
Grace is the only way to have a relationship with God. He pursues us we do not earn His approval.
Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is the only way to grow in our relationship with God. The key to life is not trying harder but trusting more.
Jesus is coming again. Heaven and hell are real places. Death is a beginning, not the end.
Our Historical Faith
We Believe in…
- The God of the Bible as a Triune God -Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each Person equal in power and glory, existing in eternal community.
- The inspiration, inerrancy and authority of the Bible as the written Word of God.
- The sinfulness of all men and women and their resulting inability to seek out or please God by their own efforts.
- The death of the unique Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, as an atoning sacrifice for us. We believe that there is no salvation for anyone apart from faith in him.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the grave.
- The person and work of the Holy Spirit in drawing people to Christ, enabling them to believe on him, and strengthening them to live godly lives.
- The necessity for Christians to follow Jesus Christ in personal and often costly discipleship.
- The church as a fellowship of born again persons, committed to helping one another grow in their Christian lives.
- The importance of Christians reaching into all the world to call people to faith in Christ and helping influence their world, both near and farther away, for good.
- The return of Jesus Christ to judge all persons and to take those who have trusted him to heaven.
Our Main Thing
We care about the good news of Jesus Christ supremely. The gospel includes:
- Events – the historical life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ for us
- Explanation – our acceptance before God through Christ alone, by faith alone, through God’s grace alone, taught truthfully by the Bible alone, to God’s glory alone
- Enticement – God’s work on our behalf in Christ is embraced by faith and repentance
- Eternity – Christ brings us back to God, to know forgiveness, acceptance and communion with God for now and forever