Sunday, February 12, 2017, 12:15 PM - 2:30 PM
We are preparing for our next immersion baptism that will take place in the spring!
Baptism is an outward expression of an inward commitment to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Covenant believes the decision to be baptized is up to the individual and that he or she must fully understand what it means to be a Christ follower.
- Believers are those who have realized that their sins have separated them from God.
- They have given up all efforts to reach God through their own good works or religious activity.
- They have concluded that Jesus Christ’s death on the cross for their sins is the only thing that can bridge the gap between them and God.
- A believer is someone who has decided to trust Christ alone for his or her salvation.
Once someone professes faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, the Bible says they should proclaim the life change that has occurred—the watching world needs to know.
If you haven’t been baptized, consider this: Baptism is a command, not an option. Like all the commands, obedience does not save us but withholding our obedience in such a simple area calls into question our faith and love for Christ. Baptism is a powerful way to demonstrate to the watching world our allegiance to Christ. Many people testify that baptism marked the turning point of their walk and life.
If you want to baptized, attending the Baptism Information Class is a prerequisite and it will only be offered once prior to the April baptism. If you have questions about whether you should be baptized, attend this class. During this class, a Covenant Pastor will review the Biblical basis for baptism and answer questions you may have.
STEPS TO GETTING BAPTIZED
- Complete the Baptism Registration Form (below)!
- Attend the Baptism Information Meeting – Feb 12 @ 12:15 – 2:30 pm (lunch included)
- Write and video tape “Your Story” (Feb - March)
- Get Baptized! (April 22 & 23)